www.d4daisy.com

www.d4daisy.com
Click the pic to find out more about free classes with Maggie's Dissolvable Delights book.

Monday 11 June 2012

New Cuff


I am celebrating the fact that I can stitch again by making a new cuff, using the method in the book that made this one, right. It's very comfy to wear and always gets comments along the 'how did you make that' lines.

My summer wardrobe has lots of lime green and blue so the new one will use those colours. Last years gear but this weather does not make one inclined to buy anything other than new wooly jumpers!




I gathered together a collection of materials including two machine stitched motifs that I had worked in narrow satin stitch on water soluble film.

Also some gimp in a lovely blue/green colour, some black beads and various silks. there is a pipe-cleaner in there as well.




In this pic you can see that everything is placed on film and the motifs are being overstitched with the gimp - which is couched over the top.







I am tempted to bring in a bit of floating stitching - we will see. 

I hope to show the finished piece soon, depending on how much hand stitching I can do in one go.

This UK weather is just right for sitting by the fire and stitching. Let's just forget that it is supposed to be summer!

Keep n touch.






1 comment:

  1. Love the colour!! Good to see you stitching again.

    ReplyDelete